i2i International Female Soccer Academy
The i2i International Soccer Academy offers students the exciting opportunity of studying in England, whilst focusing on their development as a soccer player during a 9 month season at Europe’s leading and largest International College Soccer program.
We partner with Northumbria University in Newcastle, England which currently has the #1 girls collegiate soccer team in the country. They are the National League and Cup Champions and have also won Futsal BUCS gold a record 6 times. Last year they were crowned league and cup winners, breaking records becoming the first university to complete the Football and Futsal double double!
Northumbria University has a strong relationship with Newcastle United FC Women’s team with the Head Coach Becky Langley also being a Head Coach at the University. i2i Students may get the opportunity to train and even play for Newcastle United FC Women’s team dependant on ability. Newcastle United's Men’s team play in the English Premier League.
Our three year degree courses are delivered by the prestigious Northumbria University – where students can study for a degree in:
- BSc (Hons) Sports Management
- BA (Hons) Business with Management
- Sport, Exercise and Nutrition BSc (Hons)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)
- Sports Coaching BSc (Hons)
- Foundation & Masters Degrees are also available at Northumbria University
All courses have been specifically designed to ensure transferability worldwide and run alongside a pro-level soccer development program, which enables students to train five days a week in a professional environment.
The timetabling of lectures and soccer development is meticulously planned to optimise the contact time in the classroom and on the field.
Our experienced coaches, who have played for and coached at English Premier League clubs, work closely with each individual player with a view to helping them pursue a range of careers, both inside and outside the sports industry.
The i2i International Soccer Academy is the ultimate program for any young soccer player who dreams of studying abroad whilst exploring the exciting opportunities within the wonderful world of soccer.
Some of the benefits of studying and playing soccer in England are:
- 3 year degree in the UK instead of 4 years in the US
- 1 year Masters in the UK instead of 2 in the US
- 9 month soccer season in the UK instead of 3 month in the US (This gives you 3 times the amount of contact and game time per season than you would receive if you were attending college in the US)
- Daily coaching from former EPL players and coaches
- 15 hours training time per week timetabled during the day around your studies rather than being extra curricular in the US
- No Red Shirting, all players go straight into playing squads
Plus so much more.
To book a call with our recruitment team, please click the following link:
Membership of the i2i International Soccer Academy costs £33,500 a year and includes:
- Our three-year degree courses are delivered by the prestigious Northumbria University – where students can study for a range of different internationally recognised degrees.
- Specifically timetabled academic programme delivered in the morning to avoid any clash with soccer.
- Academic support provided via mentors and regular 1-to-1 meetings with professors.
- Access to all the University’s state-of-the-art facilities including libraries, laboratories, swimming pool, sports facilities, gyms and the Students Union.
- Prestigious graduation ceremony.
- Membership of National Union of Students.
- Up to 15 hours a week coaching with UEFA A Licensed Coaches, former professional academy coaches and professional players
- Position specific specialisation sessions
- Showcase games against professional and semi-professional soccer teams
- Access to qualified Sports Physiotherapists & Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Subscription to Online Sports Training and Performance Monitoring App
- Filmed games and video analysis
- Mentors, pastoral advice and support from members of the i2i Sports team
- Extensive training kit package provided by Nike
- Excellent soccer facilities and training equipment
- No Red Shirting
- No Practice Teams
- Up to 35 games a season
- Transport to and from all games
- 9-month season from September to May
- Fitness testing conducted by Sports Science (S&C) Coaches
- Work experience opportunities
- 2 Player Development Reviews per season with your i2i Coaches
- Gym Membership
- High grade en-suite accommodation in centrally located Halls of Residence
- Individual bedroom with en-suite facilities and desk within a shared apartment comprising a kitchen and lounge with TV.
- Furnished apartments including dining set, fridge, freezer, stove, cutlery, pans and sofas.
Peace of Mind
- Peace of mind that Newcastle is a safe city with over 80,000 students choosing to study in the City each year.
- First pick-up of the year from Newcastle (NU) International Airport direct to accommodation.
- Extensive induction programme.
- Free contents insurance and public liability insurance.
Advice and support from Northumbria University staff on applying for a Student Visa and Federal Aid.